Every month, we ask interesting men and women in the creative industry to fill our #StyleQuestionnaire. Our Stylista this month is Toyin Odulate @saymama, founder of @oloricosmetics and lover of all things fashion, beauty, art & travel. Toyin rocks our #NaughtyKnottyBlouse.
1. What are the top three rules in your style guide?
Comfort, chic & pockets!
2. What wouldn’t you be caught dead wearing?
Peach – colored anything. Don’t like the color. Unless it’s aso-ebi, then I guess I’d have to suffer in silence.
3. What is the best piece of fashion advice you’ve ever been given?
You wear the dress. Don’t let the dress wear you.
4. What was your first extravagant purchase?
A Gucci handbag I purchased when I first started earning a salary after I graduated from university. It was the hardest $350 I ever had to spend.
5. What fashion trend(s) need(s) to die right now?
The pajama as daytime wear trend needs to go. Urgently.
6. What do you find most appealing in a man?
His scent & short clean nails.
7. What do you find most appealing in a woman?
Her carriage & confidence in her own skin. Not trying to keep up with anyone but herself.
8. What trait do you most deplore in yourself?
I don’t deplore anything in myself. I’ve learned to love myself with all my imperfections.
9. What trait do you most deplore in others?
10. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A beach, a book, a caipirinha & great company.
11. What is your idea of perfect misery?
Lol. This is deep question o! But it would involve a glass of good red wine.
12. What is your most treasured childhood memory?
Boat rides with my late father to Takwa Bay on his boat when we were kids.
13. What is your idea of the perfect dinner party?
Good friends, good cocktails & banter at the dining table.
14. What is the one natural talent you’d most like to have?
Lord, I wish I could sing.
15. What is your present state of mind?
Trying to figure out the path to world domination. No seriously, I’m thinking about my birthday next month
16. Name one song that would be the soundtrack to your life?
“You are the universe” by Brand New Heavies